FRAIC, OAA, AAA, NSSA, LEED AP
Architect, urban designer, futurist, and a pioneer and leader in planning and design for urban resilience, Craig is a founding member and the current moderator of ResilientCity.org.
Craig is also an Architect and Principal at DIALOG in Toronto, and writes and speaks on urban design and architecture in the face of climate change and energy scarcity, and has presented at conferences and workshops across North America. If you would like Craig to speak at your conference please email your inquiry to email@example.com for further information about his fees and availability.
Architect, Urban Designer, futurist, and a pioneer in the field of Urban Resilience, Craig is a Principal at DIALOG, and a passionate advocate for developing planning and design solutions that make sense in a world of energy scarcity and climate change. Since graduating from the Graduate School of Design at Harvard University with a Master of Architecture in Urban Design he has built a considerable track record leading complex institutional planning and design projects, but is best known for his advocacy of environmentally integrated design and urban resilience. In addition to his project and practice responsibilities, Craig writes and lectures on sustainable design and resilient city design in Canada and United States. This has included speaking presentations at major conferences in Toronto, Montreal, Chicago and San Francisco.
Craig is a founding member and current moderator of the ResilientCity.org website; was a founding Board Member of Sustainable Buildings Canada; and is a current member of the Canadian Green Building Council. Craig is also a past President of the Ontario Association of Architects, and was made a Fellow of the Royal Architectural Institute of Canada for his services to the profession.
Speaking and Workshop Engagements
In addition to his fulltime Architecture Practice as a Principle at Cohos Evamy, Craig Applegath is a regular speaker and facilitator at international conferences, seminars and workshops on the topic of resilient city planning and building design in the face of climate change, and peak oil.
If you would like to have Craig speak or facilitate at your conference or event please contact him at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Some recent examples of past speaking and facilitation engagements include:
1. The The Center for Healthcare Design Conference, 2000
2. The American Society of Healthcare Engineers and Architects, 2001
3. The Ontario Hospital Association Convention, 2001
4. Clean Med Conference, Chicago, 2002
6. The RAIC Festival, 2006, 2008, and 2009
7. The Sustainable Buildings Canada St. Lawrence Hall Green Charrette, 2008
8. A Keynote Speaker at the IDEX / Green Building Festival in Toronto, 2009
9. Speaker at City of Edmonton "Way We Green" Speakers Series, City of Edmonton, 2010
10. Speaker at the AIAS Conference in Toronto, 2010
11. Keynote Speaker at the CAPS Conference at the University of Waterloo, 2011
12. Panel Speaker at the BUILDEX Conference in Vancouver, 2011
13. Keynote Speaker at the Greater Toronto Area Mayors' Conference, 2011
14. Lecture at York University to the Environmental Studies