Questions that need answering.
This ideas behind this project are in their infancy. There are a number of questions that will need to be answered to better understand the overall feasibility of the model. These include:
1) Buy-in from Mall – would Cadillac Fairview and Ivanhoe Cambridge be willing to take on this project in Fairview Mall?
2) Rental prices at the mall – can these accommodate small businesses, or non-profit organization?
3) Government (at all levels) support – could they provide subsidies or funding to these programs/initiatives?
4) Mall infrastructure – can a mall actually support projects like the greenhouse (lighting, heat) or, food incubators (smell, sound)?
5) Needed parties buy-in – are the necessary components willing to set-up in a mall? What would this take?
6) Community support – what is the local community support or readiness for this project?
7) Finances – what are the financial resources required?
These questions would need to be answered before further development and implementation of the project.